Friendly Banter

"Fight for Net Neutrality"
Started by MrPuzzle on 11/22/2017 3:43:32 AM

Post a message on this topic

MrPuzzle
11/22/2017 3:43 AM
Enjoy playing games here at Acrochallenge?
Like sending emails for free?
Staying in touch via Facebook?
Watching youtube videos?

That could all be under threat if the FCC bows to pressure from the big ISPs (Comcast, AT&T, etc), and destroys the rules ensuring Net Neutrality.

Net Neutrality means everything on the internet has equal standing, whether it's the messages to and from AcroChallenge, emails to your family and friends, or something coming from a big player like Google.

Without it, the ISPs can start charging to be in the "fast lane" - on both the producer and consumer ends. Or simply block content they don't own or they don't like.

The vote will be on December 14, and the time to act is now.

Want more information?

Don't take my word for it:
Here's what those "lefties" over at Fortune magazine have to say:
http://fortune.com/2017/11/21/what-net-neutrality-means-for-you/

Or just put the terms Net Neutrality into a search engine,
and take your pick of sources, ranging from the Huffington Post to Fox News.

This change would only benefit the people who own and control the pipes all that data flows over -- not you, not the content providers, none of us.

Act now!

http://battleforthenet.com
That site will put you in touch with Congress very easily.
fuct
11/22/2017 10:15 PM
Hmm

Wood knot
That interfere with your right of freedom
To information act
rehab33
11/30/2017 11:42 PM
WTF??????????
Rubberdonkey
12/1/2017 4:24 AM
Hmmm, why is this not MUCh bigger news?

Screw comcast and anyone else that tries to influence what we can and can't see! I am so sick of huge corporations trying to squeeze every last dime out of us.

Thanks for the news and links Mr. P!
rehab33
12/11/2017 10:46 AM
?
stan j
12/19/2017 7:48 PM
I have to fall on the “open internet” side of the argument. the only thing I want from an ISP is a pipe. Charge me by the gigabyte, but DO NOT be filtering based on packet content. There lies the dark side.

All these marketing people/jerks trying to “optimize my internet experience”. just make me want to go all 2nd amendment on them.
Rubberdonkey
12/28/2017 7:00 PM
Sorry I'm a bit late with this.

I saw last week or the week before that the FCC or whatever alphabet agency in govt. that controls these things decided to allow the big companies their way.

As it turns out, the head of the agency was a big time lawyer for Viacom, Comcast or one of the other biggies. Talk about getting screwed over, WE the American public have just been given a doozie.

I have no political affiliation, however I have turned my back on the democrat party for now. I'm getting awful sick of the republican party as well. Most of all, I am getting pretty darn sick of big companies installing their people in government and the public getting screwed over.

Something, I don't know what as of yet, has got to give.
fuct
1/4/2018 11:59 PM
Ya. I hate machines making decision for me

Post a message on this topic