Friendly Banter

"Happy Birthday"
Started by Michael on 10/21/2017 11:07:30 AM

Post a message on this topic

Michael
10/21/2017 11:07 AM
AcroChallenge turned 16 years old yesterday.
Rubberdonkey
10/21/2017 11:48 AM
Congratulations Michael, but most of all, thank you!

I found AC in June of 2002 Thank God! When phobia went offline unannounced, I was like a heroin fiend in need of a fix because the acro bug had bitten me baaaaaad. I don't exactly remember when phobia went offline but it seemed like over a year and in 2002 I was lucky enough to find this oasis.
fuct
10/21/2017 11:04 PM
Hbd for ac !
16 years ya say?

Really?

Lol

Ya that acro bug can bite bad donki
But i
know im could of been doing worse things with my time

Mike used to have a warning

About it being highly addictive

But as usual i did not listen,yet, all in all,

bilbolives
10/22/2017 12:35 AM
Dear Michael,

Thank you for Acrochallenge. This game provides a platform for insightful, hilarious banter that helps keep the world at bay temporarily. I daresay that acroing is a new artform, born of the confluence of temporality and novel topic prompts. Happy Birthday, AC!

Peace, Love, bilbolives
Ella
10/22/2017 4:06 PM
Happy birthday to my good friend, AcroChallenge.

Thank you Michael, and happy anniversary. Grateful for all the friends you've given me.
rehab33
10/22/2017 10:19 PM
HAPPY

BIRTHDAY

ACROCHALLENGE!!!
Sexy~Tease
10/25/2017 11:34 AM
Hau'oli lā hānau ACROCHALLENGE! I can't believe it's been that long. I have played in so long I don't even know who anyone is anymore, except for fuct and Michael. Aloha Denee & Michael... And everyone else!
Sexy~Tease
10/25/2017 11:35 AM
Well that was supposed to be Happy Birthday in Hawaiian.... Maybe we're English speaking only here...lol
fuct
10/27/2017 9:53 PM

Lol sexy
You still sitting on that rock

Swing by and. Catch us for a game sometime

Hugggz
glint
11/6/2017 6:25 PM
Cool. Flime ties bye! :)
Michael
11/9/2017 8:06 PM
Thanks guys - I think you're the remaining 8 people playing AC on a regular basis :)

I think AcroPhobia went offline in May of 2001. AcroChallenge came out of the 9/11 attacks. Business (Beacon Computers at the time) came to a complete standstill and I needed to learn new skills. My brother, Chris, suggested an AC replacement.

6 weeks later the first, really horrible version of AC was released to the world - there was much rejoicing.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but someone was trying to make an AcroPhobia clone and had been promising a release for months. They tried to make it too good.

I went for the quick and dirty approach to get the product out to market first and it worked. I learned more than just a couple of development languages with AC.

Fast-forward 15+ years and Chris owns Beacon Computers, the skills I learned from AC helped me leap-frog into a wildly successful endeavor and (don't hate) but i'm getting ready to retire at 46/47 years old.

So, if anyone has to give thanks to AcroChallenge, it's me - even though I can't play the game for shit.
Michael
11/9/2017 8:06 PM
Sorry, Chris suggested an AcroPhobia replacement :)
rehab33
11/16/2017 6:49 PM
Michael... Thanks So Much For Acrochallenge!
Ella
11/17/2017 11:33 AM
There's more than just us playing, Michael. I don't see any of the WNA regulars here, and I know there are others. You're more popular than you think. :-)

By the way, if you ever want to play, I'm a bottom feeder. I'd give you a run for your money for the last place. But seriously, please join us at WNA Monday 9:30 pm eastern, or Wednesday 8:30 pm eastern. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would get a kick out of playing with you.
fuct
11/17/2017 11:01 PM
Ty mike
For a great 20 years
Lol sorry i was such a pain,

But i did get us a Y

Post a message on this topic