Friendly Banter

"AcroFever thoughts: the Rubberdonkey-Joe the UFO games"
Started by Joe the UFO on 5/8/2017 3:15:52 PM

Post a message on this topic

Joe the UFO
5/8/2017 3:15 PM
Last night, I played a few games at AcroFever (yes, I'm a traitor to AcroChallenge, burn me at the stake), and AC's Rubberdonkey joined the games.

Now, I know what you're thinking: Joe the UFO AND Rubberdonkey in the same room, acroing together? Now there's an odd pairing.

Yes, it is an odd pairing. Rubberdonkey is a premier fixture in the adult rooms here as Joe the UFO is in the clean rooms. And, the twain never meet in AcroChallenge.

So, as the games progressed, and I started seeing Rubberdonkey's acros, I was struck by an epiphany.

For those of you who haven't played at AcroFEVER, yet, there is no segregation; there is no separation between adult and clean. At AcroFever, anything goes in the rooms. One round it's all adult acros, the next it's all clean. Sometimes its hard to tell which way the acro pendulum will swing.

The unpredictability at AcroFever makes it challenging, exciting and fun.

So, in one game Rubberdonkey was kicking ass and taking names. In another game, Joe the UFO was kicking ass and taking names. What was so amazing about this was that Rubberdonkey was kicking ass with clean acros and I was kicking ass with adult acros.

Go and figure!

Two players winning rounds with acros that are way out of their normal element. It was such an interesting and beautiful thing to see.

And, it made me think.

AcroFever has forced me to expand my acro horizons in a good way and in ways I never foresaw. It was a refreshing change from a decade plus of nothing but clean for me at AC. I didn't know I could be so down and dirty. Kinda scary and thrilling at the same time, like a rollercoaster ride.

Rubberdonkey: if you read this, I just wanted to let you know I had a great time acroing with you and hope we can do it again sometime,at AcroFever and AcroChallenge.

For those of you who haven't tried AcroFever OR AcroChallenge, please do so. Expand your horizons!
Rubberdonkey
5/10/2017 2:52 AM
Thank you so very much for your kind words Joe, it was my privilege to play with the upper echelon player that you are. Yes, it most definitely was an odd pairing but Felix Unger and Oscar Madison made things work too, lol.

Although I am not a fan of Fever's format and game play setup, I do like the people I've met over there and the one thing that you brought up. The fact that it is a limitless room. Not squeaky clean and not overly vulgar either.

I've never been one of the adult players that use very many curse words and I have no particular fascination with genitalia, male or female in my acros. I walk the line between clean and adult so I've always just played in the adult rooms rather than risk offending anyone in a clean room here on AC.

I do like the mixture of clean and adult over there. We tried it as an experiment here at AC one time a few years back but it failed miserably. Some squeaky clean players and some of the dirtier minded players came to the room and the premise didn't seem to suit either group I think.

I have been trying to recruit their players to come over to AC to see the much better format, smoother games and the better, faster times during and between acros. I will keep trying until we can get AC back up and running with full or nearly full rooms. I don't plan on playing at Fever for very long, just long enough to get some of their players here.

Again Joe, thank you very much for the kind words. I have nothing to say about you other than you are a fine player and a class act. I hope to get to play with you in some games over here or over there, whichever the case may be.

Take Care Joe,

Robert
rehab33
5/20/2017 8:31 AM
Your right Robert Acrochallenge is a Superior site that AF, we just need to keep on keeping on!

Post a message on this topic