Friendly Banter

"Topic Ideas for Topic Games"
Started by Bazu on 4/1/2017 2:45:21 AM

Post a message on this topic

Bazu
4/1/2017 2:45 AM
Many of this are 'borrowed' from acrofever.com, a site where people are playing acro nowadays, besides here.

Don't flog me please, I prefer the interface at AC and the pacing of the game, but as has been pointed out by a few people in recent months, it is not exactly 'all acro, all the time', with games going 24/7 every day.

Anyway there are still people discovering this site, or looking for acro 'like in the old days at Acrophobia (which I never personally got to experience, alas, coz it sounds like it was a lot of fun...)

And there are topic games going on at certain hours every day, and so if anybody wants some topic ideas, here are a few that I copied and saved, plus a few old standards (anyone please feel free to post any additional topic ideas, ok?):

Lies on your resume
Insults
Will you marry me?
Things you are grateful for
I need counseling because…
Why you made the front page
Why do I hurt all over?
Use a word in your acro that is censored in the chat room
Say something positive
A romantic candle-lit dinner would be incomplete without ______ .
Rejected Star Wars story lines
Unusual birth control methods
Slogan for a funeral home
Heavy metal song title
Thou shalt not…
News headlines we want/don’t want to see
What’s your best feature?
It’s a trap!
Famous last words
…. That’s how I want to die.
Dr. Phil’s guests
I wish I hadn't lost the instruction manual for __________.
Ways to make extra money
Global warming
Watcha wearing?
Awful ways to die
Breaking news
Illuminati confirmed
Who is at your door?
When you really just goofed it
If you could turn back time
Awkward situation
Things that make you cringe
Favorite teacher
Goodness me, it’s…
Good-natured family friendly fun
Kids say the darnedest things …
Make up a word and define it
When I am President of the United States, I will create the Department of __________.
Celebrity news
While going through the turnstile...
What’s your problem?
Due to a PR fiasco, Walmart no longer offers __________.
My doctor told me ….
Movies

Bazu
4/6/2017 11:22 PM
Here are a few more ideas:

Who’s your daddy?
Side effects of medication may include (for lots of letters):
Name your new business (3 or 4 letters)
But before I kill you, Mr. Bond, I must show you __________.
Failed Disney Attractions
When I grow up …
9/11, what’s your emergency?
In my day…
In the future…
Super hero or villain name
Don’t even get me started on …
Contacted at the sceance
Bizarre animals
I'll take __________ for $1000, Alex
Bazu
4/14/2017 4:02 AM
Ok, I might as well make this post a 'triptych', or collection of three 'works' displayed together, like some painters do in art exhibitions, not that this is 'art' by any means.

Anyway, here are a few more I jotted down, and there are limitless more topics people can make. This is just for people wanting to try new ones out or think of some new ones themselves, and the old classic 1-word topics are usually good, too.

Just my 2 cents here now on topics I personally would rather see, are 'list' topics that don't demand a certain degree of originality or creativity, like "4 green things' for a 4-letter acro. If you like green things, just say 'Green things' and people can choose one green thing (the Hulk, leprechauns, snot, weed or whatever... It just feels like slightly less of a waste of 2 more minutes of my life, or whatever. Other 'list' topics have a certain degree of inventiveness involed, so I don't mind them so much (Bad race horse names, Side effects of medication, Unpopular ice cream flavors, etc. That's just my own 2 cents, like I say.

Anyway here is my 3rd and last post of suggestions on this topic. I saw one player use some of these and I appreciated it. More topics are of course welcome for people to share here, if they wish, or other thoughts on the kinds of topics they like/dont like, etc:

Additional Topics

Signs you’re getting old
Signs you are dead
Takin’ care of business
How to overcome shyness
Body parts
Zombie wasteland
At the gym
Lindsay Lohan biography title
Invent a word and define it
At the Chinese restaurant (or ‘Mexican,’ ‘Indian,’ ‘Halal,’ ‘McDonald’s’, etc.)
Seen on Youtube
Deep thoughts
New United Airlines Motto
What makes you feel annoyed (or angry or frustrated or sad or excited or enthsiastic, etc.?)
Do you remember that time when … ?
What do you do?
How does it feel?
What do you want?

Bazu
4/14/2017 4:02 AM
Ok, I might as well make this post a 'triptych', or collection of three 'works' displayed together, like some painters do in art exhibitions, not that this is 'art' by any means.

Anyway, here are a few more I jotted down, and there are limitless more topics people can make. This is just for people wanting to try new ones out or think of some new ones themselves, and the old classic 1-word topics are usually good, too.

Just my 2 cents here now on topics I personally would rather see, are 'list' topics that don't demand a certain degree of originality or creativity, like "4 green things' for a 4-letter acro. If you like green things, just say 'Green things' and people can choose one green thing (the Hulk, leprechauns, snot, weed or whatever... It just feels like slightly less of a waste of 2 more minutes of my life, or whatever. Other 'list' topics have a certain degree of inventiveness involed, so I don't mind them so much (Bad race horse names, Side effects of medication, Unpopular ice cream flavors, etc. That's just my own 2 cents, like I say.

Anyway here is my 3rd and last post of suggestions on this topic. I saw one player use some of these and I appreciated it. More topics are of course welcome for people to share here, if they wish, or other thoughts on the kinds of topics they like/dont like, etc:

Additional Topics

Signs you’re getting old
Signs you are dead
Takin’ care of business
How to overcome shyness
Body parts
Zombie wasteland
At the gym
Lindsay Lohan biography title
Invent a word and define it
At the Chinese restaurant (or ‘Mexican,’ ‘Indian,’ ‘Halal,’ ‘McDonald’s’, etc.)
Seen on Youtube
Deep thoughts
New United Airlines Motto
What makes you feel annoyed (or angry or frustrated or sad or excited or enthsiastic, etc.?)
Do you remember that time when … ?
What do you do?
How does it feel?
What do you want?

Bazu
4/14/2017 4:03 AM
haha, *%&@ double post =]
fuct
4/14/2017 4:22 AM
Lol ty baz

Ty
fuct
4/14/2017 4:22 AM
We all need help from time to,time
Bazu
4/15/2017 2:36 AM
You know you don't actually have to post on every single thread if you have nothing to add, really. I could say worse, but that would be for the other forum, and why would anyone in their right mind ever post there, anyhow?
Bazu
4/15/2017 3:05 AM
could be i took it the wrong way, sorry. You said it yourself a while back some people find you annoying, so maybe it's only 'partly' my bad. Sorry?
fuct
4/15/2017 4:09 AM
Lmao i know that bazu

But
Its my choice

Right?
rehab33
4/16/2017 4:04 AM
WTF??????????????...........LMFAO!!!!
fuct
4/16/2017 7:18 PM
Lmao