Friendly Banter

"Sundays Weeklong Breakfast Club"
Started by amysloved on 11/23/2014 7:39:52 AM

Post a message on this topic

amysloved
11/23/2014 7:39 AM
Happy Sunday to all! As the thread title states this day starts our weeklong breakfast club thread, so anyone who reads this, can post here thru out the week, instead of us beginning a new thread, since most of us only pop in & out every once in awhile now.
Fabby! yea 6pm on turkey day startin black friday, is nuts, its not like the days of ole, when moms n daughters would be up at 3am the day after to go hit the BIG SALES. now a days they start black friday announcements and sales beginning of Nov. and Yes i agree winter has arrived early, we have had 1 day in the 30s and a few in the 40s, herein florida either way its too early. ok lets see what i can scrounge up for some edibles this sunday mornin.

Regular caffeinated Fabby coffee
Janes Decaf speaciality
sugar n creamer, and flavor shots, ( cannister of peppermint candy canes to add as well)

I believe we are gonna do the Krispy Kreme donut thing this morning and hopefully jane will pop in with some holiday muffins..

have a wonderful thanksgiving for those who follow..and remember the weeklong thread is here for you! xoxox-amy
amysloved
11/24/2014 10:30 PM
your welcome jane! guess yall are getting ready for the big day! and yayyyyy im off work! the one day i was willing to work..and the whole bld is closed for thanksgiving. ok well im gonna veg out, its almost bedtime! see u in the a.m.! fabby if ur here before me, i will take some leaded caffeine please.. ty

ttfn
Jane Eyre
11/25/2014 12:00 PM
16 people are expected on Thursday, including 3 people who should not be outside if there is a single flake on the sidewalk. And now they're saying snow? TAKE IT BACK, YOU BAD WEATHERMEN!!!!
amysloved
11/25/2014 10:21 PM
LOL jane those horrible nasty weathermen! i know what ya mean, we may not have the snow, but its been raining all day, lightening thunderin, pouring flooding rains, that i had to drive home in from work..after 9pm tonite ughhhh it was horrid!
i think fabbys MIA again, hopefully she will pop in 1 day this week! lol

i will check in tomorrow..
have a good one
amysloved
11/26/2014 10:34 AM
mornin yall, happy day before thanksgiving day! im sure alot of u are cookin already.. for me and hubby its just us tomorrow..hubby does turkey, and i do the rest.. still gotta get some cranberry sauce and canned mushrooms for the gravy..ohhh and some dessert. hubby wont eat pumpkin pie.. but he will eat cupcakes! soo we may do the dessert thing alittle untraditional this yr I will check back later tonite to see if fabbys resurrected around here and if jane pops in again.
other HAPPY PRE THANKSGIVING DAY FOLKS! BE SAFE

btw
Coffee on deck, reg and decaf
hot chocolate
apple cider

and sweets, hostess snacks, cupcakes, cookies, pop tarts,
muffins..

ttfn
Jane Eyre
11/26/2014 11:01 AM
I'm setting up!
amysloved
11/27/2014 3:54 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE, BE SAFE! ENJOY UR HOLIDAY! AND CHECK IN TO LET US KNOW YALL ARE SAFE N SOUND BY END OF WEEKEND!
TIME TO GO FIX THE MASHED TATERS N STUFFIN!
ttfn
Jane Eyre
11/27/2014 6:48 PM
Done!!!

6 a.m. for Black Friday!
amysloved
11/28/2014 10:22 PM
lol soo jane how was that black friday shop till drop day?? hope u had fun and got some deals... i noticed fabbys still out, hope she resurfaces this weekend.. i miss her bright sunshiny face! lol
have a great weekend! i gotta work tomorrow (sat) soo will check in when i can..

ttfn
fabulousfifty1
11/29/2014 4:20 AM
I have risen from the ashes! LOL... Has been some hectic times on the hill in the ville.. First the congestive heart failure with my mother and then a grandson in an ATV accident.. Glad to report we have my mother back on her feet and the grandson was a very lucky lad.. Mild concussion and felt like a train had hit him but on the mend.. Hopefully December is calmer but with Christmas in the near future I'm doubting it...

Had a very low key thanksgiving but all went well.. Hope you had a great holiday and here's to you with my cup of black gold!!!!!!
amysloved
11/29/2014 9:21 AM
FABBYY!!! wb my friend.. i am soo sorry to hear about your mom, but glad to hear shes on the mend, and wow! on your grandson, i can only imagine the pain hes in. and yes fabby i seriously doubt christmas time in the Ville with be low key n quiet..afterall Santys comin to town! LOL
well heres a refill with some fresh leaded coffee for ya!! enjoy
and jane heres ur unleaded..
i gotta work this saturday, it begins our saturday rotations, soo i chose the first weekend, and wont have to do it again until right after christmas...
I could use some friendly input from yall... im torn with celebrating christmas this yr.. part of me wants to and not. with me being the only one with an income right now, thats for bills n rent, and we barely inching by on that. soo theres no extra money for gifts, or needed decorations. Hubby wants to put the tree up. and im unsure on that as well. I would be content just watching my christmas movies on hallmark and listening to christmas carols.
but i know hubby will want to do it all..sighhh.. ok
well im off.. i will check back in this eveing around 10 est.....and post a new thread on tomorrow on sunday.. soo how do u like the weeklong thread idea??

ttfn
Jane Eyre
11/29/2014 8:40 PM
Poor Fabby! I hope your grandson feels better fast. Must have scared the heck out of you. Glad it wasn't too bad. Too scary.

Black Friday...I got a set of pots and pans for my mother-in-law, talked my older daughter into buying the same set for herself, and got boots for the younger daughter. For myself...NOTHING. I just didn't see anything that grabbed me, which is fine. I had a good time anyway. We came home, caught a quick nap, and went out to celebrate the older daughter's birthday with her in-laws, who are the best people in the world. Afterwards, we went back to their house for Carvel ice cream cake. YUM!

Today was quieter, which was greatly appreciated. :-)

Post a message on this topic