Friendly Banter

"The Thursday late morning breakfast club"
Started by fabulousfifty1 on 11/13/2014 9:42:28 AM

Post a message on this topic

fabulousfifty1
11/13/2014 9:42 AM
Rise and shine if your lazy tush ain't out of bed.. I have been up for hours and been cooking cooking cooking.. Homemade sandwich spread, broc cheese soup, and two rounds of no bake cookies... REASON? Well my mother had a spell with her heart again so I'm back on board as chief cook and bottle washer as they say... Have her home now after four days in the cardiac unit but each episode is a long haul back.. She is 88 and time is definately catching up even though she thinks she is 58...

Coffee is ready... grab a cup and start you day on the cold 35 degree morn... Snow forecasted in a couple so I guess old man winter is gonna bite us early... Off for my mom chores.. Later and have a good... and by the way this message board has become pathetic.. LOL...
Mr.Peabody
11/13/2014 9:53 AM
What a lucky Mama you have, she must of raised one hell of a kid!!! One question however what is "home made sandwich spread" IDK lol.... Have a great day and hope your Mom feels better soon. :)
Jane Eyre
11/13/2014 3:51 PM
Hoping your mother feels better very fast. Always something. That's why I love "boring."

Hey, Pea. Nice to see you here.

I have a bad cold. I'm such a big baby. Someone bring me a cup of tea, please!
fabulousfifty1
11/14/2014 4:22 AM
Meat spread/ham salad/sandwich spread.. LOL... call it what you may... I have an old fashion grinder you bolt on the side of the counter or table and grind away.. still works!!! must be 60 years old.. My mother had it as a young wife..

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?? Hot tea???? Sorry Jane, can't help you on that one.. I painted the kitchen a few weeks back and cleaned the cupboards out as I went along, tea bags hit the trash.. They were OLD!!! I have coffee!!!!

Cold, cold, cold on my perch on this hill.. in the twenties and snowflakes were flying yesterday... Coffee is hot and ready on this TGIF morning...
Jane Eyre
11/14/2014 11:40 AM
Awwww...Fabby, I remember my grandmother using a grinder like that to make chopped liver. I wonder what happened to it?

Yes, I've been drinking a lot of tea. DECAFFEINATED tea. not kidding. :-)

Post a message on this topic