NOT-SO Friendly Banter

"Slide Fire/Bump Fire Gun Stocks"
Started by Rubberdonkey on 10/5/2017 5:26:43 AM

Post a message on this topic

Rubberdonkey
10/5/2017 5:26 AM
I'm going to try and convey my feelings here as best I can without pissing either side off regarding this issue.

We have all at the very least heard about the Las Vegas shooting massacre that happened Sunday October 1, 2017 where a supposed multi-millionaire opened fire on 22,000 concert goers murdering 59 and wounding over 500 more.

When I caught the news that night and saw several videos, I thought to myself, my God, he had a fully automatic submachine gun spraying the concert goers.

I thought, how in the hell did someone get themselves several machine guns when to own a single one, it is VERY expensive to get that particular Federal Firearm License and comes with a background check that covers your life from your date of birth.

I could tell several different (what I thought at the time) machine guns were being used by the different sounds of the shots being fired. As we all know now, this evil jackwad had twelve long guns (rifles) that were equipped with "slide fire stocks AKA bump fire stocks".

I had never even heard of these devices prior to hearing the reports of him using them. I performed some research and looked up a few videos of rifles equipped with this type of stock. They are by the letter of the law (ATF) a legal device to modify quite a few semi-automatic rifles and pistols with.

After watching video after video, I cannot believe that something such as these devices are legal in any form or fashion. The thing that makes these legal, is that when installed on a semi-automatic weapon, the trigger is actually being activated manually for each round VS a machine gun having a one pull, mega rounds fired until the trigger is released.

Anything that can speed up the rate of fire (trigger pulled once or multiple times) to 400-600 rounds of fire per minute have no business being in civilian hands or for sale whatsoever.

I AM an avid collector and target shooter of all kinds of firearms, single shot, pump, lever action, bolt action and even semi-automatic. I AM for the second amendment right that we have here in the United States, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Even as an avid collector and shooter, I can find that there is absolutely no place for these bump fire stocks. There is absolutely no reason to need or have one in the civilian sector. In my estimation, anyone purchasing one of these stocks has some kind of evil plan to do something illegal or even horrific as we saw this past Sunday evening.

I am praying that the ATF bans any modification that can speed up the firing rate of any firearm. I also hope that they can determine the reasoning behind this assclown's horrific actions and maybe, just maybe some kind of signs will prevent this kind of person ever being able to purchase a firearm legally. The problem is is that no matter what, even if every gun in the US is banned/destroyed, there will always be guns available to those wanting them for nefarious purposes and that is tremendously tragic.

I believe in the right to bear arms and arm bears, whatever one likes to do but enough is enough!

"There are an estimated 875 million civilian, law enforcement, and military firearms in the world. This works out at approximately one gun per every seven people worldwide. Without the United States, the figure drops to about one gun for every ten people[1].

650 million guns out of the 875 million are in the hands of civilians, either held legally or illegally[2]. American citizens own some 270 million of these[3].

Civilian ownership can range from 88.8 firearms per 100 people in the United States, to one firearm or less for every 100 in countries like Japan (0.6 per 100 people)[4]."

The vast majority of those gun owners are sane, non-criminals, myself included. Unfortunately all of us take the heat when some gangbanger pulls a drive-by, some spouse goes off the deep end and shoots the other spouse OR as we saw this past Sunday, some millionaire flips out and performs a horrific act like he did.

Not all liberals are against firearms and not every conservative owns one. What we are seeing once again is the knee jerk reactions by the far left wanting ALL firearms banned and confiscated and the reactions by the far righties saying "you'll have to rip my guns from my cold dead fingers". Both of those entities are ridiculous as far as I am concerned.

When sensible people want to sit down and talk about this issue sensibly, then AND ONLY THEN will things begin to improve. No more of this all or nothing crap from either side.

A truly sad response to this Las Vegas massacre is that online and in-person sales of these stocks have increased to the point that most outlets are now sold out. I find this disgusting and disrespecting of the families of and the victims of this event.

BAN any and all contraptions including bump fire stocks that increase the intended rate of fire NOW!

One last thing: If this waste of skin and oxygen truly was a multimillionaire, then every last cent of his estate should be seized and go to the wounded victims and families of the dead, including the $100,000 dollars he wired to his filipino girlfriend overseas.
Rubberdonkey
10/5/2017 5:35 AM
One of these bump fire stocks in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6oaRAgdslE&t=12s
rehab33
10/6/2017 12:34 PM
I agree Robert!!!

Post a message on this topic